Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dinner with TG

Finally met up with TG after 46days of drought. Hee. Well, it was an interesting night out i would suppose. But, each outing with him is usually interesting. We went to this usual japanese place for dinner. And proceeded to Q Bar for drinks after that. We chatted about a variety of topics. But somehow, we reached the topic of what i thought of him. And i said he wasn't charismatic. But i think we both have different definations of charisma. Anyway, he said something that was really weird. He said he would rather hear nice things then the truth. Kinda funny. Since he's a boss and all, all day long i'm sure his subordinates would be telling him nice things already. Why the need to hear nice things from me again when we are out. I would have placed honesty before lies. Oh well, but thats my stand once again.
So from there, we chat about other things, and i finally asked the question that i've been meaning to ask. About why he is not seeing anyone. As in dating, as in having a serious relationship. And he said he wasn't interested.
You know, sometimes i think men or he thinks i'm stupid. You know, i'm not stupid. (Or so i think) Many a times, i see and know what is going around me, its just that i would rather not bring it up coz i think a conflict will arise out of it. And the day i bring it up, or show my cards, then its coz i'm ready to give it up. I've known TG for 3 years now, and i would admit i'm still very smitten by him. And i've always been very firm about love. Maybe coz it takes quite a bit to move my heart.
I know TG and i would probably never work out. In my exact words, its most probably a lost cause. Although i knew it right from the start, i really wanted to give it a shot. Not because i'm unwilling to believe what others around have told me. But rather, my concept of better to have loved and lost then not to have loved at all. Now the all important question then would be, at which point do you cut your losses?
It's really quite like handling investments. You have a target and a cut loss benchmark. And if this was really a monetary investment, i think i would be a rather bad investor. Its a good thing i do not carry the same attitude in my investments. Practically, i know i should cut losses now. Its been way overdue. But, somehow, the heart refuses to. But i am glad we had that talk that we had. It has somehow straightened out my thinking.
TG will always view me as a rather superficial friend. Not because he doesn't enjoy my company, but because he doesn't want to open up and share. And because i cannot be of any use to him. That's entirely my point of view. Oh well, life was fine before meeting him, i'm sure i'll be fine with whichever direction i choose to take.

No comments: