Thursday, September 20, 2007

On relationships

"My own love-life's at a standstill right now. I think most of it, like what you've mentioned, comes from an insecurity--that my reading of vibes can so often be completely off the mark. And this is when non-reciprocity becomes the bitterest pill--because what has betrayed me is not the other (I seldom blame another person for misleading me), but myself, or more precisely, my own intuition. And when one realises one cannot trust one's own judgements, then the floor one stands on crumbles, and the feeling is one of pure vertigo. I guess this is what people mean when they say that dismay in love is one of the most traumatic disappointments available--simply because it exposes the gulf between two people's experiences of a single event."

No comments: