Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday

Spent the day in front of the computer trying to get work done. That went pretty well. Not everything that i set out to do was accomplished. But at least i started. Which is good for me because i have been saying for the longest of time that i wanted to do it.
Pumped up the bike tyres, checked the chains and gears, dug out my cycling shoes and wanted to do a short ride to see if i could possibility join joyriders tomorrow morning after a long lay off. Wasn't planning on going very far, distance wise. Just really wanted to get a feel of the bike, more importantly, starting and stopping at lights. Conclusion, back to ground zero. Other then the fact that my knee hurts like hell which never happened the first time i rode. Bike position? Bike fit?
Anyway, went to cut my hair after that. I guess i just needed a new perspective and what better way to achieve it than to start with the top. The head. Haha... Will post pictures subsequently. I think hair cutting is therpeutic. Just as the hair dresser was snipping off the hair, it felt like nothing in the world was worth shedding a tear for. Was a little apprehensive initially. After all, my hair takes forever to grow, and it took ages for it to reach this length. And snip snip snip, it was all gone. Interesting thing was for a while now, i always refused to get my hair cut. A trim was fine. But not a cut. Coz i keep thinking of how much time and effort it took for the hair to grow to this length. But, as the hair dresser cut the hair off, i felt a sense of peace and freedom. Ok. I know i am exaggerating. But for a moment, truly that was how i felt. More like i really didn't give a damn anymore.
Conclusion is, i like my new short bob hair cut. Makes my face look a little plump, but all the more incentive to lose some weight. Hair grows. The short hair gives me a fresher look, makes me look more energetic and lively. Helps during training, dries faster after a wash. All the positive traits to having shorter hair. Sure, i'll probably be less attractive to the men out there who like women in long hair. But then again, someone's bound to appreciate a lively, energetic short haired girl right? Anyway, not looking at the moment. I guess if it happens, it happens. I'm a little jaded and cynical about relationships at the moment.
Plus, the flame has not died out for the last guy. Although i constantly remind myself that it's for the better, he'll be happier and i guess love is not about possessing. I've always believed in true love. Unconditional love. I really wish that he'll be happier. And the choice is not mine to make. I do try to think happy thoughts for him. Of course, i do fall back sometimes. But i'm human after all. Now i remember why i always cut my hair when i was in school. Haha...
All ready for my ride tomorrow except knee hurts like hell. Damn

No comments: