Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Biking night

Whole day went well in general. In comparison to yesterday that is. Hee... But definitely feeling much better today!
Anyway, woke up early to try to fit in last night's missed swim session. Managed to hit the pool but didn't finish the work out. The swim just felt all wrong. Arm pull was horrid, kicking felt weird. I guess it could be due to the fact that i've hardly swam since the swimathon. I think like only 1 session from 2 fridays ago. Will make the effort to hit the pool more this week and see if the swim improves. But felt good just being in the water. So other then crappy swim, no complains there.
Went to meet the Trifam guys for biking in the evening. Arrived late, felt bad that everyone was already there and waiting to set off. Thank goodness one of the guys helped me pump up my tyres. If not, it would have probably taken me another 15 minutes. But he pumped the tyres with such ease. Better practice more on that as well. Eh, short ride tonight. Did a pseudo time trial. So more like maximum effort, minimum speed. The sort of training i like the best. Hee.. Even with running, i like track sessions best. Somehow, when doing speed workouts, training ends faster and earlier. Plus, you get to go back to the start point/end point faster. Was thinking about it, but maybe i don't like really long distances coz its too mental. Shorter distances doesn't let your mind wander. It's just pushing hard and you know that very soon, it's going to be over. Something like that lah.. Haa...
Anyway, finished the 2 loops of about 24km in 45min 55sec. I somehow felt it was probably shorter then 24km. Anyway, since it's the first time i've done it, i guess there is no basis of comparison. When i do it again, i'll know if i have improved. But one thing that pleased me was the average speed for that 20 plus kilometers, was a marked improvement from my previous rides. Was averaging 27.9km. Impressive even for myself. I so deserve a pat on the back.
Finished off with everyone riding in a group back. Sort of at least. I was still riding with Jerry. He's a great pacer. Went for a short run after biking. About 3km approx. Didn't really know coz i didn't have my ipod with me. Had stitches in the middle of the run. Somehow, i feel that every time i take big gulps of water before training, i get stitches. Maybe it's mental. Will test it out next couple of times and figure it out. This is no good.. I need the water, so i better condition my body to not get stitches. After i find out what is the cause of it of course.
Did slow run but definitely satisfied my craving to run. A couple of weeks back, i had a craving to swim. Everyday i had to hit the pool. If i didn't, i felt that something wasn't right. And now, i have the running craving. I guess sure beats having Ben and Jerry's craving any day. Short slow run, showered and off to dinner. Wasn't really hungry so the pathetic portion that the hawker gave was enough. I've finally felt inflation at it's worst. Price go up, portion goes down. Damn...
Once again, biking was a humbling experience. I still don't enjoy biking, but i definitely don't mind doing shorter distances like tonight. Eh.. looking forward to swimming and maybe hitting the track tomorrow evening to do intervals for running. Now, i really need to get my readings done before heading to bed. I'm actually quite tired after my fun filled day!

No comments: