Thursday, July 28, 2005

Letter to tour guide

As u begin to read this email, you might or might not know my purpose of writing this, you’ll notice that things will be clearer when you have finished reading the mail. Actually, it took a lot of courage to say whatever I said to you. And that only means that it was really bugging me for a long time and it came from the bottom of my heart. I didn’t mean for it to come out the way it did.
In the almost 10 months that I’ve known you, you must already know how I feel about you as I have shared that with you a long time ago. You have really made a difference in my life at a time when I was so unsure about myself and who I really am. I felt that you were a person who was non-judgemental about friendship, thus I treasured what little time I had with you. Do not doubt for one minute that you played a really special part in my life and you were truly special. I considered for the longest of time if I should have broached on the topic. Like you, I did think about consequences and what might or might not happen. The mere thought of spoiling our friendship made me keep my mouth shut. I wanted very badly to express to you how much I feel for you as a person and that I found it hard to see you in a platonic manner.
I could say I was drunk when I spoke to you. But I know that would be a lie. I knew what I was doing. The only thing that wasn’t right was that my message didn’t come out sounding the way it should. Your friendship is important, and I can understand that sex does not dictate how our friendship turns. But I would rather you didn’t go away thinking that all I wanted was to sleep with you. I remembered the things you said before that you are not looking for a girl to just bed. Preferably someone who can have a decent conversation with you? I feel that way as well, which was why I finally broached the “forbidden” topic. It was tough, knowing that you are Superman’s friend as well. I know and believe that in your life, you’ve seen many different woman of diverse characters, and that only means that you will take whatever I said in your stride. I will always admire, respect and be in love with you. And I know that because you are a worldly man, we will still be good friends. I will respect your decision and most importantly, thank you for your friendship.

No comments: