Thursday, February 17, 2005

A New Beginning

It has finally dawn on me 2 days after Valentine's day that it is finally over. For a while, i was hopeful, then came despair, and now, maybe a tinge of relief but a lot of hurt. You see, i could have or rather should have walked away after the first episode... But i chose not to. In fact, i chose to hang on believing that true love did exist. Guess i was wrong all along.
But at least a lesson learnt in the whole episode, that its really true that people around you can see better then you yourself. You see, so many times i had people telling me to forget it and move on, yet i hung on, believing in not only the power of love but the better of mankind. Life can only throw you that many life buoys, but its ultimately up to you to pick one up and swim to shore.
It has been a hard period for me as i am usually so emotional. But this time, my world didn';t stop and i can only thank GOD for that. You see, the last time i broke up, life stopped for me. It was the only thing in life i cannot handle. A failed relationship. But this time round, with the changing of circumstances, i must stay strong. If i don't, i hurt not only myself but the people who care about me and who need me to stay strong. And funnily, its shone through. A trait in me that i thought was gone forever. A spirit that grows only stronger when i know people around me need me to be strong.
Well, i called this the new beginning, so i shall not ramble on. Instead i should try to focus on what changes i want to see in my life. But that doesn't mean i haven't given myself time to grief. In fact, i have not written in the past few days 'coz i was griefing. But now, a brand new life awaits me. I will no longer jump into a relationship so hastily, especially if warning bells are ringing even before i step into it. However, i will learn to get to know people first. You see, Cow changed drastically. Into someone and something that i cannot relate to anymore. But i'll learn. Life's other lessons to me. Superman says i'm silly and that i took this long to come to terms with myself. But, better late then never i guess. Still feeling a little melancholic, but with time that will pass.
One step at a time, life goes on. Slow and steady, and one day i'll get to the dream in view. Here's one of my favourite quotes to end this sadness and bring on a new beginning.

And in your dreams though impossible things may seem someday, somehow you'll get through to the goal you have in view. Mountains fall and seas divide before the one who in his stride takes a hard road day by day, sweeping obstacles away, Believe in yourself and in your plan, say not- I cannot- but i CAN. The prizes of life we fail to win, because we doubt the power within.

No comments: