Thursday, February 14, 2008

Guilty pleasures

Spend the whole day grumpy. And had to force myself to get some rest. So no training. And it actually felt weird coz i was pretty psyched up to train. Anyway, i turned to my next comfort other then GOD and training. And i had like 6 meals today. Full meals. Comfort food. Hee =)
Now i'm feeling all guilty for pigging out and not training. But i guess this is like Chinese New Year for me. Coz while everyone else was pigging out, i was nursing a sore throat. So it's payback time.
Went down to NUS to pick up my race bib for Sunday's race. It's truly been a long time since i had a race bib or a race number tag. My virgin no is 8002. Which seems like a nice number i guess. But picking up the race bib and going back to NUS really brought back lots of memories. As i entered the NUS SRC carpark, there was a group of people starting out their run. And i remembered all those times where we ran there. I remembered inter-hall road relay. The crazy arts slope. Ouch.. But then again, i was probably a lot fitter then.
Anyway, i'm sure this race bib will be the first of many more to come. I used to keep my race bibs when i was in school. And i'll write on the back of the race bib my timings for the races i took part in, and the position i came in, in. And i would keep them and i remembered always loving to write the word PB next to any of the competitions i took part. And since this is my first official race bib for the biathlon, i get to write PB on it. Hee.. =) There are 35 women taking part in the full distance. So not many competitors in my wave. The only draw back is my wave starts at 9.30. Which means when i hit the road to run, it'll at least be 10 plus. Which also means it'll be hot and the sun would be out. And the bad thing is, i'm not conditioned to run in the sun. Most of my runs have been in the evenings or early morning where the sun is not out. Can't run tomorrow morning, so will have to fit in one last run on Friday morning before resting on Saturday. Although i would have very much liked to rest Friday and Saturday.
I think my flu is going away. But the pain at the side of my chest is still there. Not sure why. Might just be a muscle that has been overstretched.
Well, lots of food today. No workout. Which means i put in a lot more then i used today. Will work hard to rid it tomorrow.

Target for NUS biathlon is first and foremost to finish the whole race.
To complete the 10km run without stopping to walk.
To finish the swim within 40 mins.
To finish the run in 63 min.
To take less then 5 min for transition.

No comments: