Sunday, February 03, 2008

Spring Cleaning??

Heard this over the radio yesterday. While people are busy spring cleaning their homes for Chinese New Year, how about spring cleaning your personal life?
That's an interesting thought. But i guess most people spring clean their personal life on the Eve of New Year's Day. And with Chinese new year just one month after New Year, it seems silly to spring clean once again. But i guess it gives me a time to look back at the past 1 month and ask myself if things have been going as planned. Well, answer to this very elusive question would be, training wise, i think i have made decent steps. But only at the expense of my work life. As for the other stuff that i've set out to do, i don't think i've really accomplished any of them.
Have told myself that i would go sit for some papers, but have not even registered for them let alone get the textbooks and start reading up on them. Have not done a lot of stuff at work which i said i would. The best thing for work that i did for January was probably sending out New Year cards to my clients and clearing up my desk and cupboard at work, filing away things that were last year old.. Hee..
Relationship with GOD is a slow process. But i guess one can never force a relationship. If that is one thing i've come to understand over the years. But of course, i'm sure there can be more effort and time spent on this aspect of building up the relationship.
As for school goals, have started surfing the different websites for different courses that i might be interested in or might want to take up. Since registration doesn't start till March, i still have some time for my all time favourite activity, procrastination.
Training wise, have been doing a decent job. Only thing on my list that warrants me a pat on my back. Have been working out rather consistently for the last month. Although i have not been exercising since Thursday evening. Today being Sunday, means i missed 2 full days of physical activity and i have not been swimming for 3 days. Will not be swimming today as well, so make it 4 days till tomorrow evening's swimming session. Will be going to the gym for spin class and will run after that, so all in all, this week, i would have managed to do 9 sessions, which is still less then my projected 12 sessions. But then again, (excuses) i've been having a little problem on my arm and shins, so i guess progression is good.
Well, some stuff that i really need to focus on this coming month would be time management and time allocation. Also, i need to be a lot more disciplined. As of now, i'm only doing things based on the big picture. Need to break it down to the little picture and sort of like work out a fixed time table so i can get more things done and stop wasting time.
I still haven't ran my 10km and race is 2 weeks from now counting down. Ha....
Went for my first spin class today. Tired manz.. =P Ran 5km after that. Worse. Conclusion, need to work harder

No comments: