Saturday, February 23, 2008

Random thoughts

Training wise, it was a crappy session. Woke up feeling tired. But decided to drag myself to the pool. Planned on doing interval training. Didn't make it. Did some easy swim, 500m, then did 5*100. All within 2min. Then did another 500m easy and decided to call it a day. Seems like the runs are taking lots out of me.
Then came back, came online to see the Singapore biathlon website, only to realise that my name was not in the Woman's open listing, but in the Men's open. Hmm, this should be interesting. I always half suspected i was a Man trapped in a woman's body =P
Didn't have to head to office today coz there was nothing left to do after cramming everything that needed to be done yesterday. And the rest of the stuff, i brought home to do for the weekend, so decided it was time to bring my bike down to the bike shop to get the stuff that i needed to fix on, fitted. Spent an hour there, $208 poorer, and all i got was a helmet, two blinkers for my bike, front and back, and a speedometer.
Went to meet the girls for dinner after that. It was nice being together. Think this is the first session this year. Ger was there with Gwen. Amazing. Seems like just yesterday where we were still in sec 1. But now, all of us are grown up and there's even baby Gwen. After dinner, shopped around DFS with Serene and Ting. Saw a nice Gucci bag that i would consider buying, if it was LV. Liked the shape and size, but not too practical with me always being on the bike. Anyway, decided to call it a day after that since Wen called to say she wouldn't be able to meet up with us.
Wanted to go meet Superman after that, but his partying session was at midnight, which means i would not be able to rest enough for my swim tomorrow. And i figured after that crappy session today, i better swim tomorrow.
Was chatting with a guy at the bike shop, Ronnie, and i figured i get to finally call myself a sports newbie. I guess 5 years of not competing puts me back at the newbie status. It's always easiest to start the climb from the bottom. No expectations.
Well, i'll continue with what i want to write this weekend. I have some thoughts in my head, except that it's pretty jumbled at this point. Need to sort it out on my runs and i'll add them in!
Have a great weekend!

No comments: