Monday, August 20, 2007

My final act of Love

Just came back from a trip to KL. Everything i guessed about Guardian was right. Am i surprised? No.. After all, when you've known someone for almost half of your life, you tend to get most of the things about this person right. The fireworks were just an excuse, and yet, i know i stood by him when he felt he needed me. And i told him, this is my last act of love for him. It was a 300+Km ride back that i finally understood US. Me and Guardian. I love him for who he is, and i admit i have a soft spot for him. And yet, i have nothing to tell for my battle wounds.
I will eventually learn to live without him in my life as no one is indispensable, and yet, i can't help but feel a tinge of sadness. I was not only second best to his ex wife. I now know that i was forever second best. It never used to be an issue before, but i guess, maybe i've grown up and i refuse to be second best anymore. I believe i am good enough to be someone else's Number 1.
He bought her flowers. And he bought be a teddy bear. And i didn't take teddy home, coz that was the bear that he wanted to buy for her originally. And i really don't want hand me downs. In whatever form. And so, i left teddy in his car when i came home.
Truth is, life goes on. And i know that better then anyone considering what a stormy sail ours have been. I'm not going to deny myself a week to grief over someone that i've yearned for all of my adult life, but my promise to myself is that once this week is over, i draw the line at our business relationship.
Ferris Wheel at KL

No comments: