Sunday, June 26, 2005

Marriage

She got married today. I dropped a tear. Mixed emotions. Time has flown past. No longer possible to capture the time of our youths. She was busy. I didn't tell her she was beautiful. Did she know? I'm her best friend. But i couldn't embrace her the way the others did. We said we'll grow old together once a long time ago. We said we'll get married together. We'll have little children whom we'll bring out and let our children know each other. Such youthful dreams. She was going to throw the flowers to a lucky person. The next in line. She asked me to catch it. I said i wasn't ready. WIll things change after today? Seems like i'm not the adaptable person that i think i am. Fear stopped me once. I wasn't ready for change. I wanted the world to go back to the time when we were younger. Carefree and happy always.
The time has past.. Looking at her today, i realize that we've grown up. We've moved on. Our dreams have changed and so have our views.
Today i witnessed her marriage. Her wedding vows. It is beautiful. But i knew that it was not for me. The little girl in my heart has grown up. No longer does she need me to protect her and watch out for her. Instead, today, she became a woman. Or maybe she became a woman way ahead of me. I just didn't notice. I wish her the best. My blessings aplenty.
A tear dropped. For the time that has past, for the price of youthful behaviour, for all that should have been, would have been, but is not.

No comments: