Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Love? When?

What defines a date? Went out with Tour Guide today. Felt good. In fact, its been the best thus far. Why? Maybe coz we didn't snap at each other today? Mostly its me that does the snapping. Is it coz i've finally come to terms with who he is? I don't think so.
You know, i made so much effort just to go out for a short dinner with him. Does a guy know when someone makes a concious effort to go out with him? To him, it is merely a dinner. A meal to get by for the rest of the evening. To me? It was sheer beauty. I put on make-up and did up my hair. It was almost like going for my prom date. Probably just 7 years late. I felt like a little princess today. Superman mentioned once that i was that little princess of 9 that never grew up. Is he right?
It was just PERRRRRRRRRRFECT! Frankly, i don't know what was it that made it so special today. Was it coz he asked about ah beng? Was it coz he picked me up? Was it coz he sent me back? Was it his statement about asking me to save up? Or was it all of the above rolled into one? If this was a multiple choice question.. i would be stumped. Or is it becoz i'm just so smitten by him that any date would have been perfect?
Why do i like him? What is it about him that i like? Does everything sound too cliche? Well, not everythin actually. I don't like the way he tells me off when i ask him something. Or when he says i talk too much. I mean hello, i'm making up for the lack of conversation on his part. For someone who is a Tour guide.. he sure doesn't have much to say. No crap as i call it. But, sometimes, i feel like i can't enter his world. I feel like that card he gave me on my birthday. The bird outside the cage. Except that this time round, he is in the cage. And i am on the outside. I want to be in there with him. I want to share his thoughts, his life, his dreams, his worries, his problems. I want to help him. Yes.. thats the word. I want to be of some help to him. Useful... I don't like the feeling of being around him and feeling like a little girl in his eyes. Someone that he has to entertain all the time. Someone that he is there for to give advice to. I want something that flows 2 ways. Oh no, is this Superman all over again? How many times must one go through this? Or is it becoz of who i am and how i potray myself that i attract the same sort of people? What must i do for him to love me?
Or is it destiny? Is it fate? Do i just go on playing the game of life and and hope to draw a royal flush and wish that the opponent does a all in. But how often in a game of poker do you get a royal flush? Its like striking jackpot... TBC

No comments: