Friday, June 24, 2005

Wedding bells are ringing

Today i learnt a lesson. That when the time is right, irregardless of the personality, they will learn to settle down. Superman is getting married. I should have seen it coming. And i guess if its anyone that i rather see him get married to, it must be her. She is so special and so giving in her own way. She adores and trust him and most importantly, there is no jealousy towards me with regards to him. I feel a sense of peace as i have finally found the answer to my question. I often wondered how i will take it if i found out that he was going to get married. And now i know the answer. It wasn't so bad was it?
Something else happened amidst this beautiful night. For some reason, Superman doesn't like my friend very much. Was it a gut feel? And can past experiences speak for the future or the present for that matter. This one girl, i care for like a sister. This one man, i care for like a brother. The conflict is apparent. I want both to be happy. And was it a mistake to tell her that he doesn't like her? I felt that she was affected by it. But then again, i would be to. Sometimes i ask myself if he is merely selfish. He wants all my love and attention. But yet at other times, i know he does look out for me. He cares. In a brotherly fashion. In fact, over the course of our relationship, he has time and again looked out for me. Do i trust his instincts or do i trust my own?
I know myself best. Up till the time where i have cause to doubt her, she remains like a kid sister to me. I need no prove or commitment. Because the path of life is such. I wish him the happiness that he will find. I wish she will not be bothered about him. But for her to do just so, she must first learn to love herself more. I only want to see them both happy. Wedding bells are a ringing. At that moment, i know i am not ready.

No comments: