Wednesday, October 12, 2005

One door closes another opens

A spate of events evenloped my life lately. Somehow, i feel that the events are going way too fast for my liking. I wish i had some say as to how fast or how slow i want things to happen. But, i guess is not a given entity. Anyway, why this topic? One door closes another opens? I guess its a matter of perception at the end of the day. Many things happen around us all the time. And the best people are not those that plan their life meticulously. But rather, those that are the most adaptable and flexible. A classic example is how the dinosaurs died.
Anyway, i'm damn glad that the people around me have been damn supportive. Last night i was just having this talk with this gal. She's extremely bothered about stuff. About how come people do not like her and people will not go out of their way to do things for her. She asked me how come with me, people tend to forgive me of my shortcomings and not for her. I seriously have no credible answer to give her. What can i say? I guess at the end of the day, its about diplomacy and playing the game the way it was meant to be played. And i shared that some times, although most of us don't like to play the game of life, we don't really have a choice in it at all. The choice is to make it to the top of the game and then you get to change the rules as and when you like.
Somehow, i don't think she was sold on the idea. I know i offered my help and advice to her as and when she needs it. But of course, i can finally see the problem. Although the rest have shared their experience of her with me, i have never taken it seriously. But i guess i know what the root of this problem is. She asks for opinions and she asks for feedback but seldom acts on them as she is too stuck in her own ideas. Until and unless she learns, nothing will change.
Well, back to me. Over the past few years, i've learnt valuable lessons, yet not acted on them. And i went into this constant cycle of going back to the drawing board ever so often that at this point of time, i seriously am panicking. I'm no longer the girl of 18 with all the time in the world. I want and need to make something for myself. And for that to happen, i must draw on all the lessons of my life that i've learnt. And make the best of my life. I'm not sure when the door will open or if it has already opened. I only know that i will DWIT and get it done.

No comments: