Thursday, October 27, 2005

When is it ever enough?

On the first day of my holiday. I guess its been a fun experience. I arrived at the airport to find my aunt waiting for me, and then later, we waited for my cousin together. As we were heading back, we met up with my granny and it was a series of just sitting around and having coffee. It was nice to be around family considering how crazy my family is right now. And I guess I really enjoy having a decent conversation just like friends although these people are family. Amazingly however, its kinda sad coz I see them being so close and they genuinely care for each other and such. And yet, here I have a family who doesn’t seem to treasure the times that we have together. And I guess its largely because of this that of late, I have been on a hunt to reunite myself with family although my parents do nothing about it.
Went online after reaching cousin’s place. And as usual, I cleared my email and logged on to msn. A conversation with a particular someone proceeded as such…
Me: yoz
A: yoz le ge tau
Me: what does le ge tau mean?
A: your head in Cantonese
Me: why u like that say?
A: kidding
Me: how was your day?
A: When is you leaving?
Me: Don’t understand your question..
A: When you leaving for HK? Thur?
Me: I’m in HK already
A: There is a computer at your place in HK?
Me: Why you think I stay on the mountains ar?
A: Why you so fierce?
Me: No lah, just a funny question to ask mah
A: Make your font bigger..
Me: Wah lao eh, why you keep complaining about my fonts?
A: Cannot see lah
à proceeds to change font size fr size 10 to 14
Me: Is it better
A: Change your font to arial
Me: Why you forever complaining?
A: Ask you do small thing already cannot, how to ask you to do big things?
Me: What you mean by that?
A: Would you rather I didn’t understand what you were saying>
Me: Nothing pleases you. First you complain about font size, then type, then color, then heading.
A: Small thing also you want to make a point.
Me: The pot calling the kettle black
A: Ok stop. Case close.
Me: What you mean by that? If you make a reasonable request, I would give in.
A: in any relationship, there must always be giving and taking
Me: You feel that I don’t give in to you often enough?
A: its not about giving in. But about ask you do small thing you already complain, then how to ask you do big thing
Me: I refuse to be drawn into this discussion.
Me: Is there something that’s bugging you, how come no matter what I do, you are not happy.
A: Don’t you think you are also very demanding?
Me: hello? Where in this conversation have I been demanding?
A: Forget it. Case close. No point talking about it
Me: yeah, but you are still not happy.
A: I’m not complaining. Just feel that you should learn to give and take.
Me: Well, if that is what you feel, then theres nothing I can do about it. You are the one person that I put in the most effort for. Forget it.
Me: Anyway, I gtg. Bb
A: bb

When is enough ever enough? Is there really something inherently wrong with me or is it that this man will never be satisfied? And if he is never satisfied, is there really a point in trying? After all, he doesn’t see any of my efforts. At the first instance of me rejecting a suggestion or opinion of him, he just feels that I don’t give in and all. What’s all this about live and let be. Or rather, what’s all this about letting nature take its course? You are obviously trying to change me. And we are not even a couple. You are merely a friend to me.. At most someone that I will eventually bed. So stop asking so much from me. It only pushes me further away. And I guess at the end of the day, it ain’t really a bad thing.