Friday, January 06, 2006

Goals

I went shopping for Superman's wedding today. Couldn't find anything that i really wanted. Looked at some stuff, was hoping to buy the blue dress i saw the other time, but apparently they don't have it anymore. Sighz.
Anyway, had dinner at that nice place at Taka that serves the nice tofu. Didn't have a pleasant time there this time round though. I guess i can attribute it to the fact that i'm not very adventurous when it comes to food. Ordered this noodle dish wrongly, so when it came, i was quite put off already. The smell and taste was just off for me. So settled for eating tofu. And since my friend ordered it for herself, i decided to order another serving of it. Now to make my already crappy dinner bad, they remembered to key in the order, but didn't bother to bring it to our table. I guess that pissed me off big time. And when i called for the bill, i had already lost my appetite. So when they bought the bill over, i mentioned that the dish had not arrived yet. And suddenly, the manager goes and brings it over. I mean, hello? I've already asked for the bloody bill. So i didn't accept the food and just settled for what we ate. I left my card with them, and somewhere in between, another waiter came with the food. Which part of the i am no longer interested did they not comprehend.
Oh well, my stomach is growling now. Stupid me for being stubborn. Sighz. But i really did lose my appetite then already. Anyway, a thought occurred to me today. I was sitting down, drafting a detailed plan of 2006 goals and resolution when i stop and wonder why do some people set goals. Why do some people not set goals. Why do some people set goals that they never bother fulfilling and some are so driven to fulfill their goals. And also, do u set little goals as in for each year, or must you first set your life goals, and then break it down to set little goals.
Therefore, if i am a big picture sort of person, i would first envision what achievements would i like to have before i die. Or for me to feel like i've succeeded in life. And then i would go into the nitty gritty details. But what if i am a small picture sort of person? Then does it mean that i am a person more concerned with the going ons of everyday and therefore, i live each day as it is?
As i looked deeper into the resolutions i made for 2006, i asked myself this question. How does it all tie up? How does it tie up to the big picture. And i guess the most important question is what is the big picture?
I will ponder more about this question as i also figure out what is it that i really want to achieve out of my existance here on earth. What do i want to contribute to society and what so i want to do that will be of influence to each and single person that i meet everyday.

No comments: