Monday, January 30, 2006

The tragedy of life is not death rather, it is what we allow to die within us while we live

"i felt as though i'd turned around to look in a different direction, so that i no longer faced backward towards the past, but forward toward the future. And now the question confronting me was this: What would that future be?"


"Adversity is like a strong wind. I don't mean just that i holds us back from places we might otherwise go. It also tears away from us all but the things that cannot be town, so that afterward we see ourselves as we really are, and not merely as we might like to be."

"Focusing on what isn't there. What if i came to the end of my life and realized that i'd spent every day watching for a man who would never come to me? What an unbearable sorrow it would be, to realize i'd never really tastes the things i'd eaten, or seen the places i'd been, because i'd thought of nothing but TG even while my life was drifting away from me. And yet if i drew my thoughts back from him, what life would i have? I would be like a dancer who had practiced since childhood for a performance she would never give."

"Waiting patiently doesn't suit you. I can see you have a great deal of water in your personality. Water never waits. It changes shape and flows around things, and finds the secret paths no one else has thought about-- the tiny hole through the rood of the bottom of a box. There's no doubt it's the most versatile of the five elements. It can wash away earth; it can put out fire; it can wear a peiece of metal down and sweep it away. Even wood, which is its natural complement, can't survive without being nurtured by water."




No comments: