Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

I'm not really someone that sticks with my new year resolutions. But i guess i should not break tradition by missing out on my own new year resolutions. Here's a couple:

1) Lose weight.
I seem to be stuck at this resolution for the last maybe 6 yrs. Anyway, ideal weight would be 58kg. Currently 66kg. Guess i need more work. How i am going to be doing this amazing feat? Run more, swim more and as soon as i get the bike fixed, cycle more. That leads us to the next resolution.

2) Complete a triathlon.
Alright. I've taken too long away from competitive sport. And because i am totally aprehensive about sport at the moment, i'm not going to aim to make it to some national squad or team. All i want is to complete the triathlon in the approved and allocated time. Once again, to compete and complete, i need a new bike. So next resolution would be,

3) Work hard, earn more.
Alright. I want to do my MDRT this year. So, i have to work harder and earn more $$. So i can have extra money to give my parents, to buy myself a new racer and also, to sponser myself for a course. Next resolution,

4) Do my CFP course.
Yes, i am one of those bums that don't have a degree. And coz i want to prove to the whole world that actually i'm rather intelligent, i'm going to sit for my CFP course this year. If i fulfill resolution 3 then i will have the money to sit for my CFP course. And i will have the money to sign up for a course with SIM. I just want my bloody paper before the age of 30.

The 5th resolution would be to call or sms TG less. But i've decided to not add this in coz i'll probably fail after the first week. And since i would like to work the rest of my resolutions, i will not kickstart the year with a failure. Maybe its just my excuse. I'll wake up one day i'm sure. So till then, he will still have my undivided love and attention. Although i must admit i'm a tinge hurt still but his statement and his actions. Guess it'll pass at some point of time. Till then, i'll pretend that it did not bug me, when all day long, the scene keeps replaying in my mind. Its driving me nuts.

The 6th resolution would be really dependent on the 5th. He asked me to quit smoking. Frankly speaking, i really have no real incentive to quit. But he has said that if i quit, he'll make and effort to spend more time with me. Then again, its one of those chicken and egg theory. See, if i quit smoking, then if he doesn't spend more time with me, its unlikely that i'll want to pick up smoking again right. After all, quiting would not be easy. If i don't quit smoking, then he will just not spend more time with me. So, i guess either way i lose. Shit. I hate to be in a lose-lose situation. And if i lie to him, then i feel bad. Damn. Let's see what happens.

I'm thinking of the 7th resolution, coz i like the no. 7. Seems unlikely to have only 6 resolutions. Alright. Thought about it. For my 7th resolution, i will not add any more numbers to the number count. Ha. Not many people know about this. This one is personal. For me to know, for you to find out. So, the number will stay at the same no, till at least next year. What the hell am i talking about? Frankly, i don;t know =P

Alright. Here's the list as with tradition. One year older, one year wiser. Stop getting cheated by people and men alike. Maybe i should just be a bitch. Seemed to work then.. Cheers, and Happy New Year to myself once again

No comments: