Friday, November 18, 2005

Dreams

It's been a long time since i cried. There were times where a tear would drop coz i was upset. But today it felt different. A tear dropped. And it didn't stop there. Another, and another and finally, it became a series of it. What triggered it? It was the sight of a man and woman hugging, embracing each other. There were no need for words as the picture spoke a thousand words. They were just happy being back in each other's presence. I see the scene clearly in my head. She got off the plane, he walked forward, she gave him a hug, he put his arms around her. And they walked off. He ruffled her hair, she leaned on his shoulder. And they walked away with arms around each other.
For the life of me, i guess i know what triggered the tear ducts. It was the sight of two people so bonded to each other that there is no need for words. I think its called being in the presence of each other. There is so much comfort there that needs no words.
Once very long ago, i had a dream. A dream about two people. A man, and a woman. I see their faces. I see their joy and i see the comfort. I guess that's the word that i'm looking for. Comfort. Companionship, was an important aspect to this two. They knew that they were going to spend the rest of their lives together. A day in their relationship, both cohabitating together, maybe married. Couldn't quite tell. Both wake up to go to work, man drops woman off at her work place, goes off to work. Somewhere midday, during lunch, they drop a message to each other. Didn't matter who started the message. If there were no appointments or dinners after work, man picks woman up, head for dinner and head back home to chill out and rest. Not like they didn't have friends. They had. But it was a normal work night and they didn't have any engagements. The woman was a high flyer, so was the man. They were both rather accomplished and both spent lots of time working. She was head of many people at work. But yet, when she reached back home, all she wanted was to be a simple woman, spend time with the man she loved and she was happy. She enjoyed the fact that he talked to her about his work, like an equal, and when there were major decisions to be made, she would give him her input, but somehow, he always made the best decision, for the two of them. The dream ended there. That's why they are called dreams.
The other night i had a dream as well. Funny little dream i had. I was sitting in this restaurant, and there were two boys behind me. Didn't look any older then 14 i guess. And they served me something i ordered. And i gave turned around and said thanks to the boy. One boy ran off. The cuter one actually, a chinese boy. The other, bigger sized boy, looked like a bully though, stood there. And finally he opened his mouth and said, "Where's my tip?" I stopped, open up my purse, and took out 2 dollars for him. Then i went in search for the other chinese boy, and gave him a fiver. He beckoned to me and asked me to follow him. He brought me out of the restaurant. Then i said to him, wait. My date is inside. I can't leave him alone. Where are you bringing me? He said it was a surprise, and continued to tug at my hand, urging me to follow him. ( Please dun ask me who that unlucky date was. This is a bloody dream. So sometimes, you don;t see all the characters) Anyway, i walked with him to this street. It wasn't like any street in Singapore apparently. Looked more like the sort you see in the streets of London. And together with that, the night was foggy. Oki, back to my dream. And then, somehow, a friend of mine appeared in the dream. I saw his face, saw him, but somehow, he could not see me. He was with this beautiful, gorgeous model like woman. Too perfect i'll say. Anyway, the next scene was us on top of a building. This friend and myself this time. Top of a building. And he said something to me. Can't remember what. Then told me to jump. I leaned over and looked down. It was a really tall building. Stupid me. Anyway, he sneered at me for some reason. Called me a liar and a cheat. I also dun noe why. Said my words were inconsistent. And with that, he gave me a shove, and u fell off the building. I woke before i landed.
This was the second time i've had the exact same dream. For some peculiar reason, everything detail in the dream is still the same. I'm not sure why its the way it is. I know there are some arguments that say that dreams are a reflection of the subconscious mind. But its really scary. There were other feelings i experienced in the dream. Feelings of insecurity, feelings of doubt, and more importantly, feelings of loneliness. And also, i felt lost in the dream. I cannot figure out what happened. But i know when i woke, i could feel that my pillow was a little damp. Could be tears or drool. But i would lay my bets on tears. Scary. And both times, it started at the restaurant with the two boys. Who the hell are the two boys? And who was the beautiful and gorgeous lady, who almost looked like nicole kidman except with more boobs. What role did they play? Was she my nemisis or rather an alter ego that i longed to have? Or was it at the end of the day, just a recurring dream? Did i fail to mention that i could remember the dream so vividly coz it recurred 3 times in one bloody nite? I always wake up at the same instant. What a terrible night of sleep.

No comments: