Friday, November 25, 2005

End of my first kid's camp


The camp has finally ended. One that is. I have another to go. But for now, let me dwell on that one camp that i've just completed. It was not easy coming back to a place where people thought badly of me. Where the only reason why they let me coach was because they were lacking in coaches. Where i worry about the fact that there are eyes all around watching me at all times. If didn't feel too good. However, i guess when i made a decision to come back as a coach, i did tell myself, that i would do my best. And that if nothing good comes out of it, then i know that i've given it my best. And no one can fault me for it. I really did give it my best this time round. Albeit the crazy and hectic schedule, and the lack of sleep, and the pressure, i guess all i can say is that i really had fun. IT takes a lot to learn from the children and it takes a lot to be able to get into their good books so that they will listen to you and give it their best.
I am greatful for the opportunity to coach. I wonder if i would have turned out differently if i had attended a camp like this. Well, i guess so. tbc

No comments: