Thursday, April 03, 2008

Decadent breakfast

My didn't sleep a wink look
Didn't sleep a wink the whole night. Also not sure why. Maybe coz i was thinking too much the whole night. Maybe coz i was really apprehensive that i was meeting Guardian this morning. For the record, i was meeting him coz Superman is asking for his dvds back and i needed the spare phone coz my N73 crashed on me. It wasn't like i was trying to create an opportunity to meet him. Alright, i was. I could have asked him to drop off the stuff for me, or picked them up and that was it. But when he called this morning, asking if i wanted to go for breakfast, i noticed i was only too eager to agree.
Everything that i imagined was the way it was. Funny how after a while of knowing a person for so long, there is no need for words, just a simple understanding. Aha.. you must be thinking that since i saw him already, i can say anything i want. But, honestly, these were some of my thoughts before i even saw him earlier this morning. I figured that he would have removed doggy from the car. I figured that the car ornaments i gave him would no longer be in the car. And i was right. Ok, doesn't take a genius to figure all these out. Anyway, back to our breakfast.
So, we headed to Macdonald's for breakfast. I can't even remember the last time i had Macs for breakfast. I think it was one of those mornings where we were on our way to jb and stopped at woodlands for breakfast. This was also with Guardian.
My Sausage McMuffin with Egg meal
Anyway, we chatted a little over breakfast. He has put on weight since the last time i met him. Seems to be always the case. Interesting. Every time we are dating, i put on weight, and he loses weight. When we break up, i lose weight and he puts on weight. But i guess the most important thing is that he really looks happier then before. Maybe this girl is having a way positive effect on him. He tells me that she's a really intelligent gal, who's pretty close to his age. So i suppose they could be a better match. If felt a little weird for a while. Somehow, i know he is not comfortable with sharing about another girl with me. I'm also not sure why. Maybe it's damn weird to be sharing information about your current girlfriend with your ex girlfriend.
Anyway, after breakfast, it was time to head home. I was glad we were still able to sit down and have a decent conversation. But the meeting today reaffirmed what i already knew about how i felt for him. I will always have a soft spot for him. Just like although i know he won't be happiest when he is with me, the what if lingers on. Funny he made this statement earlier on, that this girl he is dating is also very smart. Like she can preempt his every movement. Then he said, just like you. Cute. But of course, like with his ex wife, she probably has more attitude then me. But i guess i really can't help it in certain ways. I don't give him very much attitude because that really isn't me. And i guess i really care lots for him and just want him to be happy. So if he is happier with someone else, then it's good to know as well.
Anyway, he sent me back. Hardly a 5 minutes drive away. Yes, there is Macs so near my place but i never go there. Hmmm why is that so. And in the car, he left a paperbag at the passenger seat, and told me the bag was for me. Inside the paperbag, there was the prison break dvds, my MIC phone, and a new nokia 6500 classic phone. The dvds belong to Superman, the MIC phone was an impulse buy, but really really cute, the nokia phone.. ermm..... So i asked him, what the phone was for. And he say, present. For you coz ur N73 spoil. Then i did my usual, can i tell u my car spoil?
My early birthday present!
But it was a pleasant surprise. And a very nice one as it is. Anyway, he said it was my early birthday present. Very early in fact. Anyway, i texted him after that to say it was a nice surprise, it cheered me up and thank you. And his sms reply was really weird. Something like, you're always welcome. Ask me to take good care of myself and always remember to live happy. Funny. Sounds like one of those messages u send to someone you're never going to see again. I suppose i could be reading too much into an otherwise innocent and simple sms. But call it a gut feeling or just too many years of knowing him. Then i sms back to ask how come it seems like he won't see me again, and he didn't reply. But i also understand from my years of knowing him that this is how he operates. Seems like after all these years, he has never upgraded his operating system.
Well, my conclusion is that this is his way of wanting to make up to me. But i'm pass that already. No amount of gifts can fill up the void in which he has left. But not seeing each other over an extended period would also mean we will both move on and live our lives. Or maybe, end of the day, the only person that isn't moving on is myself as it seems like he has moved on ages ago. Well, whatever the case it, i met him, i survived and i didn't break down! =)

No comments: