Monday, April 14, 2008

Monday Bluesssssssssss

What a hectic day it was for me. Loads of running around and being really really tired. Today, i had a choice of whether i should go for swimming or not. I passed it up. From the choice i made, i have come to realize that family trumps over sports at this point of time for me. Figured it would be rather pointless for me to go for training when my heart won't be there.
Was actually rather preoccupied with Dad having the op tomorrow. I know the doctors have reassured me like 1 million and 1 times. Even Dad seemed pretty cool about it. But, somehow, i am still feeling rather uneasy about it. I guess it has to do with the fact that Dad is diabetic. And all the horror stories that happen to be true of people going in for an operation and being diabetic at the same time, that wounds refuse to heal, infection of the area etc. And of late, i have been attending so many funerals that it's not a joke. And maybe i am getting paranoid. But the last two wakes i went to, people were telling me their parents were admitted to hospital for some small problem, then the problem escalated into some blood infection and i don't have to tell you what happened to them right?
And so, i have been rather worried. There are probably a million what ifs that are going through my head even at this very precise moment. Yes. I know that no amount of worrying would make a difference. And yet, i still worry. Silly right? But then again, dad and i share an extremely unique relationship. I would say, he is my NO. 1 fan and best best friend. He is the person i respect the most, and surely the person i adore most in the world. Of course the feeling is mutual. =) Plus nothing is too much or too difficult for him when it comes to his girl. And i am sure in his heart, i will and am always his baby girl.
I can list the things that he has done for me, but it would take forever to write it all out. But i simply cannot imagine him not being around for me. So i will be praying extra hard and long tonight that when tomorrow arrives, all my worries will be unfounded when he safely comes out of the operating theatre tomorrow and when he gets discharged.

No comments: