Tuesday, April 22, 2008

'Fess up

Ok! I confess. I had a lazy swimming session just now. Sometimes i wonder if it's just my mind playing me or am i really in control of my mind. Anyway, went to join the Trifam people for Monday swims after not swimming for like 3 weeks. Eh, i admit if this was a race, i probably DNS. Yeah, i got into the pool, went about swimming, but didn't push hard at all. Basically i just went through with the motion, but my heart was not there already. So physically i swam, mentally, i was probably at home sitting on the couch watching tele. On a scale of one to ten, i would say i gave it probably 50%. I guess i was plain lazy and of course i could come up with a million and 1 reasons why i didn't push myself, but i would probably be lying.
But, on the flip side, i guess i just wanted to ease back into training. After all, i really haven't been training for goodness knows how long that i didn't want the first session to be one of any mishap. Anyway, my leg was hurting as well. So i guess 50% ain't all that bad =P
So basically it was a relatively easy session for me. I didn't even complete the workout. But i'm entitled to some off days i guess.. Haa... Anyway, will be getting back into the flow of things. Have slacked off long enough. And really need the adrenaline flow and all. Plus, i think i am starting to get flabby. Not a good thing. *shakes head
Eh, still thinking of what races i want to do this year. Just feels weird i guess. I know i planned on doing some races earlier this year, but somehow, i have had a change of heart. And now i am super undecided. I guess i have some thoughts. One would be to spend this year just building base, getting fitter, stronger, and then start racing next year. The down side to this is, because i have no races to look forward to, i don't feel compelled to put in more hours to train. However, if i start racing too early, and i don't do well, i will get disheartened. Double edged sword i suppose. I suppose this is another thing i would probably have to sort out on my own and will have a conclusion before my birthday!
Eh, on to another topic. Superman called earlier this morning and asked if i wanted to go to Borocai (not sure how it's spelt) with them next month. I was about to agree. After all, this was meant to be last year's trip. Since we went to Shanghai early on in the year, we didn't get a chance to go away together after that. But, it seems to be a couple's trip. Superman and wife, Maurice and gf to be hopefully, and another couple. So i figured, if i really did go, it would be kinda weird. Anyway, still waiting for a friend to reply. If he goes, then it's probably the same group that went to Shanghai plus Maurice and gf to be. Then probably i would reconsider my answer. It's been ages since we last went away together. Still considering... Hmm.. to go or not to go...
Plus point, it has a beautiful beautiful beach! And nice clear waters. And a whole 10 days at a beach resort.. My kind of life. Minus point, expensive and i am feeling very non couple-ly at the moment. Haa... Oh well, will sleep on it and maybe i will have a vision in my dreams! Nitez u all!

2 comments:

whyzoner said...

I'm visiting Boracay too in May, during the Vesak day hols.

silly monkey said...

sounds like about the same time i'm supposed to go too... Would be nice to hook up there i suppose.. =P