Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Happy April Fools

Time really flies and its the first day of April already. My first day of April worked out pretty well for me. Managed to fit in a swim, run and bike session all in one day, not forgetting yummy lunch at Muthu's curry and some friendly get together for dinner with the ENR people.
Swim workout was a lazy easy swim. Did 2km. 49mins. A little slower then i would have liked, but i suppose when i went with the intention of a lazy easy swim, i can't expect it to be too fast eh =) Short run session as well before meeting the ENR people for biking. Did 5km, 28 mins. Didn't feel very good on the run, felt i was pushing too hard too fast. Then again, it was my own fault for cutting it so close. Reached east coast at close to 7pm. And i knew if i didn't push hard from the start, i would never finish my run before biking.
Was supposed to bike straight after that, but it started to drizzle. And i was really worried for a while, coz i don't really feel comfortable with riding when the roads are wet. And it was a pretty good thing that everyone else decided it was time for DINNER! Although since i only had lunch at about 3pm, i was hardly in the mood for dinner. Of course, nothing a bowl of east coast's beef kway teow won't solve. =) I wasn't really hungry but i was certain that not even a morsel of food was left in the bowl when i was done with it. We sat around and chatted for a while more, before 3 very garang people decided that they still wanted to bike. It was close to 9plus by then. Jerry asked if i wanted to bike, and i figured why not. After all, i drove 30km to get there, better make it worth my while. And the 5km run felt like i didn't really run today. So i decided to join some of them to bike. It was a rather good session. In fact, i could count the times where my speed dropped below 28km/h. Which is great for me since i haven't been able to keep this pace before. So i guess i must be improving. Another pat on the back for me =)
After the very shiong session for me, i showered and headed down to Genna's father's wake. Another funeral! Sigh. Kinda got me thinking on the long drive home that life really is very fragile. And that living life to the max is probably the only way to live. Coz you never know what will happen tomorrow. I drove pass Guardian's place on the way home though.. And yes, i must admit i did think about him for a sec. Nostalgia creeps in late a night for me most of the time. And i realise i still miss him. But i'm coping and learning each day that there are still a million and one things i want to do and not having him around might not be a bad thing after all. But of course i miss the hugs, the kisses and us snuggling in bed....
Anyway, heard another news while out with my colleagues today. Mr negativity has decided to stay on with the company and has signed the contract. Well, only wish that he will grow up and learn to better deal with people and handle people. If not, he is in for a really tough time with the current changes that company has implemented. I consider myself one of the most adaptable person on the team, and even i am struggling with the changes. Best of luck to him though. I still regard him as a friend, just that i choose not to associate myself with him too often coz his negative attitude and comments rubs off on me. And i guess i've never really been very good with negativity.
Btw, Happy April fools day to you...

No comments: