Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My baby is down

Sigh, my baby is down. Had a flat on the way to the pool earlier on. And for 2 minutes i thought this was it. Was trying to turn at the cross junction when i felt my back tyre lock. Not sure what it was about really. Of course it didn't occur to me that it was a flat at that point of time. So while i tried to accelerate, i felt the back fish tailed... And i was actually really scared coz there was an approaching car coming. So i fought the bike and we (bike and I) got safely past the cross junction before i managed to bring the bike to the side of the road.
I looked down at my back trye and realised that i had a flat. Hmmm.. somewhere along the way, i must have rolled over something. Damn. But really, for 2 minutes there, i thought that was the end. Considering it was close to 7pm, roads were pretty packed. And not forgetting that on coming car. Whew...
Anyway, i was pretty shaken by it for a while. But decided to still head to the pool since there was nothing very much i could have done at that point of time. Was still shaken at the pool. Which was probably why i swam faster and harder then i normally do at trainings. Adrenaline? Maybe
Did 5*200m all below 4minutes per set and 10*100 all between 1.45-2minutes per set. So either i was still full of adrenaline while i was swimming, i was so shaken i didn't know i was swimming faster, or i have not been pushing myself hard at trainings. Of course i cheated a little and drafted the guy in front of me. But we took turns to lead. =) Well, will know better when i head to the pool myself. Then again, i have been doing many 200s in the last week. Just not been doing longer distances, which i probably will have to soon.. Hee..Best set for the 200s was 3min 49s and best set for 100s was 1min 45s. Will use that as my benchmark and push myself to complete all sets within this timing. Pity i can't sustain this pace for more then 200m though. My 3oo timing is about 6min 40s. Oh well, more training then. But i really think i have to put in more time running. Have been so slack the last two weeks. Did only a 8km run the whole week. =P
Time to hit the sack, and of course pray to GOD to thank him for watching over me =)

No comments: