Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Run then swim

Stretched like 20minutes before heading out for my run. Easy 5km, just praying each step that my calves would not scream. And true enough, good job, done. 6.15min/km. Didn't want to push too hard, coz of late, dunno when my calves will act up. And when i started running, actually felt a little pain at the knee. But i don't think i've ever been this determined to run. Hee.. And i felt good. Finish the run, changed and headed off to swim.
In fact, i think i had a pretty good workout today. The drills that we did before the swim really helps. Now all i really need to do is to find a way to maintain the same pace all the way. I have realised that the max i can keep my speed is 150m. After that i am done.. But all in all, i'm rather pleased. After the run, my calves did hurt for a while, but the swim took the pain away. Frankly, i'm pretty surprised. But, definitely not complaining. More then happy for the pain to go away. Will run again tomorrow and see how everything goes. Must remember to stretch before and after running. Sometimes lazy then never stretch before. Hee...
Eh, my ipod crashed on me during the run today. I so need to get another nano. But kinda sad. Coz this was a present from a friend. Sighz...
All in all a pretty good day. Kena stirred by some of the swimming guys to do the Sundown Marathon. Was actually pretty tempted to. Although not in any shape to do the marathon. But think it should be fun. Anyway, 1 week after the marathon is the duathlon. So was thinking not very wise. But still very tempted. =) So confusing. In the end, the decision was taken out of my hands coz when i went to the website, the last day for registration was on the 2nd of May. I'm not sure if i'm a little disappointed or relieved. Hee... =) Oh well, gg to bed now. Run Run Run...

No comments: