Wednesday, January 02, 2008

First day of 2008

I somehow think the small fonts are way too small, so have decided to stick to the normal fonts. Hee
How did i spend the first day of this brand new year?
I woke up pretty early i think. Had good rest the night before because i didn't party. Its this healthy lifestyle thing that i'm aiming for. But not sure how long more it will last. Haa
Anyway, i went for a swim in the morning and was rather surprised that the pool was actually quite devoid of people. Was thinking that it would be crowded being a public holiday and all, but i was wrong. Practically had the whole competition pool to myself. And it was great. Did the same set of workout that i'm trying to improve on. Did 1*300 warm up, then 5*300. Wanted to do 6 sets actually coz i think i need to increase the mileage that i'm putting in currently. But i am having a tough time balancing distance or speed as my fitness level is still not there yet. Please dun ask me what is there.. coz i'm not too sure myself. But i'm sure when i'm there, i'll know. Anyway, did 7.02, 7.09, 7.15, 7.12 and 7.11 for the sets. So i'm still off my targets except for the first set. But truth be told, today my target was to shave off 15s from the previous workout. So i did it and deserve a pat on the back! Anyway will work on the current pace for a week before shaving off another 15s next week. But time trials are next week for me already so i really have to work harder.
After the workout, i went for a mtg with superman and gang to prepare for our Sentosa event. But i think it was a rather silly meeting coz i was the one who prepared the schedule and therefore there was no need for me to be there. Felt i should have voiced it out and gone for trifam's sentosa brick training. Would have benefitted more. And speaking of brick, i really need to start running. Damn.. Not putting in enough mileage for the runs. Gonna suffer on race day. And as someone said to me, better to suffer now then suffer on race day.
Anyway, after the meeting, i went to meet a couple of clients to sign some forms before heading home to meet Oli for kopi. He damn cute.. say want to pick me up, then came in his new car. Dunno who was more excited.. Haa.. But its nice. And we were chatting and he was asking me about Guardian, when Guardian called.. Speak of the devil. Anyway, Guardian called to wish me Happy new year. In his words, he said, every year, he would call his closer friends to wish them happy new year rather then just sms. So i said judging by the time he called me, i am pretty far down the list. We chatted a little before he had to go back to work. He always has a way of tugging on my heartstrings. But, i still think we're better off being friends.
Anyway, had coffee and back home. Want to rest some before waking up to do a swim session before going for lunch appointment.
But, all in all, i pretty much enjoyed today. Felt pretty productive. Plus two of the clients i met today mentioned that they were keen to do a top up into their investment. So i guess thats great news for me on the first day of the new year. More More More to come i'm sure! Yeah.. 2008 is looking up!

No comments: