Saturday, January 26, 2008

Jitterbugs

I should be asleep and not blogging. But i couldn't sleep, so decided to drop a note. Damn.. i'm super jittery about the mini biathlon in a couple of hours time. Its been a real long time since i've actually felt this way. Jittery jittery.
And i can't sleep, thinking of the 1 million and one things that could happen. Like come in last.. Like can't finish the run after the swim.. scary.....
Anyway, i went for a easy swim this morning. Just did laps. Did about 26 laps in 34 min. Wasn't pushing myself coz i was tired. And i wanted to save myself for tomorrow.. meaning later.. Went to mit a client, closed a case, then went to office, then came home early coz wanted to sleep. Didn't ride, so took the MRT. Which was a mistake. No more MRT rides at 9 plus. Feels like being packed into a little corner of my room. Don't think i am claustrophobic. But i am certain i have no liking for crowds or many people. Of course i am known to be swayed by certain brands and will brave the crowd. But other then that, give me my bike any time manz.
So, came home and tried to sleep. Maybe i was trying too hard. But didn't work. Still not asleep. And i'm still scared.
Oh yeah, bought my ipod sensor today. So now i'm all ready to start running. A funny thought actually went through my head this afternoon. Its been a long long time since i wanted to put on my running shoes and just keep running. But i had a glimpse of that feeling earlier on. Guess i just have to focus on that and soon, i'll be doing my half marathons and hopefully, a full marathon that i complete. =)
Alright.. gg to hit the sack. I keep telling myself to do my own race tomorrow, and not be bothered about the timing. But i'm still scared as hell i'll come in last coz my run leg is slow. I think my swim is about mid pack. So its the run that i'm damn worried about. And i keep having this feeling that if people are slow or unfit, they wouldn't be crazy enough to sign up for a biathlon. So, what does that make me?
Nitez

No comments: