Wednesday, January 23, 2008

One hurdle crossed

Ha... Woke up early. But didn't run. Gave myself the excuse that i needed all the energy for tonight's time trials. Which is bullshit really coz the biathlon consist of the swim and the run. But, i'll run and swim tomorrow for sure.
Anyway, went in to office to get work done. And as usual, spent more time talking then working. This is horrible. But the more horrible thing is having to 'siam' the managers coz i am sick of everyone giving me their sales pitch of why their agency is the ideal agency to join. I just want to be left alone!!!!!!!!!!!
After work, headed down to Yishun Safra for the swimming trials. I think i super blur lor. I paid $3.2 to enter the pool. And the best part is, after i entered the pool, a life guard stopped me.
Lifeguard, "Hey girl, you here to swim? Pool close 4 lanes.'
Me, "I came for the swim trials.'
Lifeguard, "Then why you pay to come in?"
Me, "Dunno. Coz never pay cannot come in mah. And i don't have a safra card."
Lifeguard, "Ask me mah. Then i let you in. Next time you come, and i around, you can ask me let u in ."

Haa.. My free Safra entry. Except that i bloody stay 25 minutes away by bike. And the swimming pool behind my place is a 3 minute walk. Haa...
Anyway, there were only 4 of us for our slot. Two guys, one girl and ME. And it was pretty scary. Coz i reached early, wanting to warm up. But then, the guy suddenly came to tell me that we could start early. So, did a little stretching before jumping into the pool.
So, this girl was next to me, and i decided to follow her pace. She chiong right from the start. And i stupidly followed. But after 6 laps, i was gone manz. I couldn't pull, my legs felt like lead, and i was hurting. So i switched to breastroke for 4 laps, before changing pace and went back to front crawl. I am pleased with my overall timing, but i guess the effect of the swim was pretty bad. I stopped every 50m to blow bubble 3 times before carrying on. Somehow, i don't think it is very healthy, coz eventually, i would have to swim the whole course without stopping. Anyway, that is my next target. I'm just glad this time trial is over and i did it within the time frame that i set yesterday.
Final time: 35.33min. 1.5km

Next mini target is to do 17 min at this Saturdays water fiesta for 750m swim, and 35 min for 5km run.
And i have time trials on Sunday again for NUS biathlon. Sighz....
One step at a time, one step at a time

No comments: