Thursday, January 31, 2008

Satisfying training

Went for a run early in the morning before heading to the pool for a swim. Did a easy 5km run, thinking i was going to run more. But i didn't. Stopped at 5km. Time: 32 min 44s. So this is by far my best 5km run time. Which is pretty good for me. Was going at a pace of 6'59.
After that, decided to go for a swim coz i wasn't really tired. Did 300 warm up, 5*300. (6.36, 6.39, 6.42, 6.40, 6.45) 2 min rest between each set. As usual, my first lap is always my strongest lap where i can feel myself gliding and pulling. After that it becomes a blur. Did a minute for the first 50m of each set. After that, it just goes downhill. But i'm glad i've managed to drop to the 6plus region. I'm sure with more training and more work, i will soon be able to do a sub 6 min for my sets. Giving myself another 3-6 months to drop below 6. In the mean time, will work on shaving off precious seconds per set.
Today is the 3rd day that i've managed to fit in a run and a swim. But something is definitely bugging me. For a long time now, i have not had shin splints. Then again, for a long time i have not been running. And i half suspect they are back. But will only know when i run tomorrow. But 80% certain coz when i squat or walk, i can feel it. Damn..
Totally off the topic of training, something happened between Guardian and i today. Before you let ur imagination run wild, we didn't meet up. We had a conversation over sms. But in one of the sms, it suddenly brought me 10 years back, to nov 1998. And i can only cringe and once again question my own judgement of man. And more importantly, the fact that i have loved a man so blindly for so long. Blinded by love that doesn't even make sense, to a glaringly obvious flaw. It was a little painful. But i'm sure with so many things to look forward to, the pain will subside. =)

No comments: