Saturday, January 05, 2008

A low day on the whole

Call it 6th sense or what. But somehow, last night, i had a feeling today was going to be a lousy day. I'm not sure if its one of those chicken and egg theory. Like is it coz i thought it was going to be crappy and that's why the day turned out the way it did.
Woke up early wanting to swim. But the minute my legs touched the ground, i knew it was unlikely that i could do a good session today. And i was right. I'm still re running the whole swimming scene in my head coz i'm thinking whether i gave up or my body gave up. Anyway. did the usual 300 warm up. And it was already hurting. Did 2 sets, in way too slow timings. 7.15 and 7.20. Started on the 3rd set, but stopped after 200m. Had really bad stitches. I'm pretty certain its from the running yesterday. Though why i can't quite explain. Will probably research it. By then, my arms hurt, my legs felt like they could no longer move, although i'm pretty certain i was using different sets of muscles. And finally. another slow 300 and i was way way too tired to do anything. Legs still feel like lead.. not sure if i'll be able to do the sentosa session tomorrow.
After that dreadful swim, i rushed off to office for meeting. Of which due to the numerous changes in timings, i got the timing wrong and was late for the meeting. Didn't reflect very well on me i feel. But what's done cannot be undone. So no point brooding about it. And it was a lousy meeting, coz i felt like everything was already decided, and we were redundant there. Might as well have sent me an email informing me about the changes. Sometimes, i really wonder whether it's just my definition of discussion that differs from the world or its just a nicer word to use in big companies. Ok. So after that horrid 'discussion', which took too long, had to rush off to meet the headhunter.
I made it just in time for that meeting. And things didn't turn out too well i guess. This i have no one to blame but myself. I was totally unprepared. She must have thought i was an idiot. But lucky for me, i get to meet up with her again. And so, in whatever time i have this weekend, i'm going to be cramming as much information as my head can take.
In the middle of the meeting, my phone rang. And oh so lucky again that the lady had just stepped out. And then i heard, 'Eh, have u heard any news?' Since i wasn't sure when the lady was coming back, i told the person on the phone, can u just get to the point, i'm actually in the middle of something. Then the person said, MC King died. And i remember telling the person.. 'it's not really a good time to joke.' And she asked if i had spoken to superman. And i did. Like we met yesterday only. And apparently, MC King passed away today. So i carried on till the end of the meeting, walked out and called Superman. And he sounded bad. And like i know they were really close....
So, that got me thinking, life is so unpredictable at times. MC was like 40. And that's just like 12 years older then me. And i remember in all the times we were all out together, he never failed to make me laugh. He was always a joy to have around. And not forgetting he didn't smoke, didn't drink. He was working out for the last 1 year to lose weight and keep fit. Hell, the guy was fantastic if u ask me. I'm going to miss him lots. Just seems funny. I'm going to miss him give me a wardrobe makeover. Teasing me incessantly about TG. The crazy comments and jokes he cracked every time we were out. Always having a positive attitude and his favourite line every time we went out.. Why must it always be at such a noisy, smoky place. Why can't we simply do dinner and coffee...
Well, i'll miss him. As i'm sure many others who have seen his shows and sort of grown up with him. Like what Superman said earlier,

Here's to you MC: Death separates a life not a relationship. Your existence has brighten up many people's life and we'll always remember you for that. Rest in peace!

No comments: