Thursday, January 03, 2008

Saying goodbye

I hate saying goodbyes. The movers came in today and took everything out of office. It was too much for me. I went off before everything and everyone was gone. And it is becoming a pattern where i come into an empty office. I don't feel good about it coz i've always been a people person and it just seems so wrong to have an office without a trace of human life in it.
On the good side, i did like my own time trial today for my 1500. Did it in 38min 58sec. Which is like 39min. But i guess i feel better now about the actual time trial next week. Going to call tomorrow to book for it. But from now till next week, i hope to bring it down to 35min. Need a slightly bigger buffer to feel better. But still, i think it was a pretty good effort. I sort of have a love hate thing going on with this guy. Its actually his words that made me think i could do it within 40mins. And yet, when i excitedly told him i did it, he was quite a wet blanket. Anyhow, maybe its his way of stirring me to better my own timings and achievements. But i still think i deserve a pat on the back, because i know if i really did, and will not let someone else dictate whether it was a good effort or not.
Met two old time friends today. One for lunch, and the other for coffee after dinner. It was nice catching up and just chatting. Then pop back into office to check if my cases were settled. They weren't. Before heading for dinner with another friend. Spent a while chatting.
All in all, it was just another day. But it feels good to be out meeting people and basically having a life. Oh.. Guardian texted again today. Not sure if it is becoming a habit or it is his way of telling me he needs me. I did ask if everything was fine, and he said it was. So, will leave it at that. Tired and want to rest early coz i have a long day tomorrow. Need to go Sentosa for technical meeting and want to squeeze in lunch appointment tomorrow too.
Plus i would like to swim and i will be meeting the running group for the first time tomorrow. Pretty excited about that really.. hee

No comments: