Thursday, September 22, 2005

Love or Lust

WHEN DO WE KNOW IT IS LOVE OR LUST?
Love or Lust
Which one is it?
Which brings euphoria, which brings tears?
Which brings joy, which brings pain?
Which is real, which is make-believed?
Which is true, which is false?

So many questions, so many doubts,no wonder love is a complicated thing.Love begins with a physical attraction, there is no doubt about it. From the time we set eyes on the person, something tells us there must be something wonderful about this person worth pursuing.
Is this lust or love?
Will there come a time when lust transcend to love?
How do we know that?

There are so many categories of love:
TRUE LOVE
CONDITIONAL LOVE
UNCONDITIONAL LOVE
ONE SIDED LOVE
PUPPY LOVE
CRUSHES
PHYSCIAL LOVE
FOOLISH LOVE

How do we know which group we fall under? Must lust and love co-exist? Can love exist without any physical attraction?

I took this off a friend's blog. It is really an interesting topic. Now, it boils back to how many sides are there to a coin. You say there are 2 sides to a coin. I can think of 4 sides. But what is the correct answer, or rather, how do you know which is the correct answer. And in a world of ours, must everything co exist with one another or is life merely a paradox of which you cannot get out.
I thought about this last night as i was riding home. Is there perfection in this world? Think about this, if i am perfect in an imperfect world, i cannot claim to be perfect any longer. THat is coz i will already look imperfect in the eyes of those in the world. Now if i am imperfect in a perfect world, i simply remain imperfect. But can there really be a distinct line saying perfect and imperfect? Then how will a person improve once he/she has reached perfection. Thus, is it true to conclude that perfection is just a view that one has? That we can constantly strive towards our perception of perfection, taking one step at a time? And also, in the event, we reach near perfection, we push perfection even further by coming up with a new perception of perfection. Interesting eh?
So does it consequently mean that i will never find contentment in life coz i think i can only be contented when i am perfect? Well, i guess the key is to enjoy the process and churn out the learning experiences that are involved and constantly move towards there?
This relates back to a problem that i'm facing with. I asked the question of love and lust, and also what would my perfect man and relationship be. I think i cannot find an answer becoz there is just no perfect man/relationship. There are flaws in a relationship, from the way you choose to react plus it is a give coz 2 human beings are living together. At the same time, if there is no perfection in a relationship, why then do i constantly deem that as the goal? I wanted a way to solve my conflict between the heart and mind. And my answer lies in the fact that the mind has some preconceived notions about what a relationship and man should be. So ultimately, the onus is up to me to change my thinking or rather to modify my thinking such that i can find my answer. Or i could modify my emotons. Which ever the case, it doesn't mean that i'm giving up on my goal. To me, it means to be flexible. THere is only so much i can pre plan for. And for that, i guess i got my answer.

No comments: