Friday, September 30, 2005

Wake me up please

I felt like i stepped into a nightmare today and there was no way out of it although i desperately wanted to get out. Decided in the morning that i would return to work although i was on MC. I work at a place where even if i didn't return to work, the work would still be there when i returned from MC. And so, i decided to go straight back to work after being on MC for 3 days and still had 2 days left. It wasn't all too bad early in the morning i guess. Somehow, things just turned for the worse.
Adam called and said that he was upset about the sales letter i sent out with regards to the learning event on the 11. I guess partially the fault lies with me as i did not re write it out and merely sent it out. Upon reflection, i guess i should have been more proactive and read it and changed it. Anyway, to elaborate further would be to try to justify my mistake. And thus, i guess i would not add that that was the usual way of doing things. Usually the VP of learning events would send me the sales copy that the speaker has given her and send it to me to send it out. Now on top of that, he wasn't too happy with the way Whoosh has not been able to get a new committee up till now. With that in mind, he put down the phone telling me he wants me to get on with it. I did remember telling him that i would call the speaker out and write a new sales letter and send it out once again. Apparently that didn't appease him.
I guess it seems weird now in retrospect. Anyway, the sequence of events were such that Patrick came up to my table and told me that he would need to talk to Adam before getting back to me about coaching and work at the same time. And he said he was glad for me that i made it through all 3 rounds of auditions. I guess it was not even half an hour later when he came back and said he wanted to speak to me in his room.
He said, well, i have bad news from you. But trust me, for the life of me, i didn't expect what he said to come out from his mouth. He said he didn't feel that the clubs job was suited for me. And i guess with what he said about Miss Tham telling him about the things she did, i was more upset then anything else. The conclusion, to either fire me on the spot or to tender my resignation dated today and clear my leave and off and finish off the number of working days. I didn't put up a fight. I guess i didn't quite understand.
I did the thing that i thought was right at that moment and that was to tell Patrick that i would finish up whatever outstanding thing i had before clearing my leave and off. And i guess it really is not my style to leave things hanging. And when i first came into the company, Miss Tham left me high and dry. And for the sake of me, that was not how i wanted the next person that was supposed to come in to feel. How did i feel then, i guess i felt kinda bad. But, you know me, i wouldn't show it. I walked out like nothing had transpired.
Patrick called me later in the evening and shared with me that he had spoken to Adam about things and that Adam was cool about me coaching. After all, i might be more cut out to be a coach rather then be an office stuff. Aparently i was hopeless at marketing. Oh well.. What can i say. And that he and Adam both felt that i was not really cut out for the job since July. And i guess it was a series of incidents, the sales letter, Miss Tham that erupted a volcano that was dormant for some time.
I wish it could have ended there, but the toy that someone special bought for me broke as well. Is that an omen of worse things to come?
And the icing on the cake? I suddenly developed a particular kind of rash that i had never had in my whole darn life. It spread like wildfire and i thought i was going to scratch myself to death. That didn't happen of course and that is why i can type my blog... ha

No comments: