Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend

Went the the NATAS fair today. What a load of people man.. Amazing how everyone is constantly complaining that they are poor, broke, pathetic, and yet, it seems like people have the money to travel. Not like travelling is really expensive. I guess there are really cheap destinations. Like Malaysia. Anyway, was quite irritated just now at the fair. Met up with two other friends to go to the fair. THe place was jam packed with people. From the moment i stepped in, i was ready to step out. I simply can't stand crowds. Maybe i should have been born a man. No wonder i never go to those sales that are constantly hitting town.
Went to look up SA tours first courtesy of a recommendation made by mr Tour Guide. Went to ask about a package to Hong Kong, 2N stay in HK and 1N in disney. Was all excited about it until they told me they didn't do packages for 1 person. SHit man.. But its alright. I told myself, i should not be disheartened. I will carry on asking the rest of the tour agencies. After all, i didn't believe that no one would want to do a package for 1 person. I think i kinda lost steam after i hit the 5th agency. They all had the same answer. Oh.. 1 person, sorry. Ours is for 2 and abouve. Then of course there is a price to pay for going alone. Average price quoted to me was like $1300. What's wrong with all these people. Isn't there anyone out there that travels alone? More importantly, did i miss a manual in travelling that states that you have to travel with someone else? Faint...
Oh well, to top it all off, i sms Tour Guide to share with him my interesting findings. His reply didn't help. Something like, they will do for 1. Money only mah.. Of course i know it only has to do with money. If i had a few thousands lying around, would i be grousing? SO i guess its ultimately my problem. I would probably have to settle for somewhere cheaper.. or not go on a holiday at all. And i guess i got irritated when he asked me when i was going away. Oh well, anyway, i apologized already. And i guess in my own ways, i know he's not going to put such a small matter at heart. Maybe that's one of the reasons i love him so much.. grinz
Went to Candy Empire after that to cheer myself up.. Bought loads of mint chocolates and hazelnut chocolates, and i'm cured. No more moodiness and grumpiness. Thank god for stuff like candy and chocolates.
Photo shoot in the evening was fine as well. Nothing spectacular, a waste of time in my honest opinion. Finished the photo shoot and went down to starbucks to meet my friends again. Second time back to starbucks in one day. Met oli before the NATAS fair at starbucks liat for coffee as well.
Actually come to think of it, both grps of people i met mentioned the same thing. Oli said something like he doesn't think i need someone in my life. Then at night, someone mentioned the same thing. Of course, being the curious me, i asked why.. and Oli said that in all the times when we were together, he never felt like he was needed in my life. Like whether or not he was around, i would still be doing the things i did. Life goes on. At night, another friend said, your character is so strong that you simply don't need a man in your life. Hmmm... makes me think. Is that how the people in my life view me? Is that why i'm still SINGLE???? Is that why no one seems to be interested in going into a relationship with me or is it because that's the impression i give people and therefore people don't dare to approach me or rather start somehting with me?
Oli said you're a great friend to have around. And probably the most hassle free gf i've ever had. And yet, there was something missing. I asked what it was and he had no answer. Why am i not surprised. Well, its a cool thing that we're still friends after all these times. And he finally made this statement before we left. He said, you're more suited to be the mistress. HUH? Where did that come from. Not dropping it, i asked why as usual. And he said that you are that independent woman that seldom shows her heart to others. And you are not the sort that needs a man to make a decision for you. And yet i know you love a lot when you are in a relationship. Anyway, i kinda got the gist of what he was putting across to me. And same thing my friends said at night.
Oh well, maybe that's what's wrong with me. I guess i've been kinda jaded for a long time. I've always been the pillar of strength in a relationship or friendship. But frankly, there are times where i would like to sit back and relax and let a sensible guy make the decisions. But he has to be sensible first lah.. Of all my encounters with men, i have yet to find a guy who is domineering and confident, yet sensitive and sensible at the same time. Someone who knows just when to let me grow and when to step in to take the reins. When i find that guy, i guess he'll be the one i'll like to exchange vows with. I think when i finally find a guy that i can trust with my heart, the rest of the way should be pretty easy and smooth sailing.
Anyway, sunday went without event. Still at work. But thought i'll take a break and type my blog. Alright, going back to work now.. Loads to clear by morning...

No comments: