Monday, September 12, 2005

Sad People

Slightly half a day has been over and i have met 3 people who are sad. Today must then be a sad day. I met the first sad man at 6.45am. I was still in office doing work when my boss walked in. He looked so dejected that my heart went out to him. Apparently in a daze, he had a point to prove. This was a man who was used to the world working for him and therefore, needed to prove a point.
The 2nd person i didn't meet coz i was determined not to meet him. Mixed feelings were aplenty when i talk to him. He says he is really unhappy with his marriage. So why get married in the first place. But when he told me he was ready to walk, all i could feel for him was sadness. Maybe its my view of marriage. But, my heart just went out to him. It wasn't anybody's fault, just that he wasn't ready or he probably never will be.
The 3rd person i met over lunch. His eyes were filled with sadness. He was so depressed. A man that found no meaning in life any longer. As i stared into his eyes, i wondered how could i have ever fallen in love with such a man. A selfish and narrow minded man, who could not care about anything except himself.
3 sad people and the day is not over yet. They have all induced thoughts in my head. Firstly, why can't people find joy in what they have and what they own? Secondly, why are so many people jumping into marriages and relationships only to find that it was not what they wanted in the first place? Thirdly, the next time i jump into a relationship, i will definately find someone who is not merely self centred.
I guess i'm determined to henceforth learn from people's life. Frankly, i'm an advocate of cohabitating. I think that's the best way to find out more about a person and to decide if you can eventually live with a person. Settle down and marry. I guess it's coz of this reason that i have never wanted to put myself in that position.
Don't get me wrong. I do believe in a monogamous relationship. I know i will never cheat on my partner. Maybe some of my views since young have never changed. But at the same time, although i used to think cohabitation was wrong, it is now with the growing number of people whom i see divorcing, i think it is really a good idea after all. Start seeing each other, start dating, start cohabitating. If you pass all three rounds, then maybe we might start talking about marriage. At this rate i'm going, guess i'm going to be single for a long time more. Frankly, its not all about SEx.Its more about understanding a person and being able to live with the quirks of a person. It's not easy to be able to live with each other. There are definately habits that irritate and such. I'm perfectly contented to cohabit with a guy, then maybe in a couple of years when we are both ready, to get married. Then again, marrying too late would mean no children. SIghz. Was life ever this sad and complicated back in the ages?

No comments: