Saturday, June 21, 2008

The day summed up

I guess i have been tired recently coz of the lack of sleep plus not enough sleep due to the fact that i keep getting woken up at the weirdest of times. Feels like i've just drifted off to dreamland when i get rudely awakened. Damn! Plus, trying to finish up the books i've bought have kept me up as well. My fault entirely.
Anyway, woke up damn early, went for breaky with dad. He needed to talk. So had breakfast with him and loaned him my listening ear. Nothing much to update there since it's the same thing repeated over and over again. Nope. He's not nagging. I suppose he just needs an outlet. Then was supposed to meet darling for coffee. But forgot to bring phone out. Then when i got home, saw the missed call and sms. Then return his call. He sounded distracted, distant over the phone. Then said he having breaky alone at Teck Whye. Hmm... Anyway, he texted later to say he needed to go see doctor coz his leg pain. Got me worried there. Thought something major happened. Anyway, accompanied him to see the doctor, and apparently he was much better after that. =)
Then headed to office for a meeting which was once again a complete waste of time. I obviously have a different perception as to what a discussion is about. I need to re calibrate my definitions for a discussion. Coz it doesn't sound quite like 1 when the manager has already made up his mind and all i'm doing is sitting there being forced to accept the whole load of bullshit. Plus, i hate being made used of. And i don't like getting my name slimed. And i don't like that you slime someone that i respect a lot. Really. Below the belt. Not acceptable. Anyway, crappy, shitty session at office. Was feeling down in the dumps. So left office at the first chance i got.
Came home, decided i could nua for a while before going for dinner. My darling sent me an e card and i managed to see it before i headed out. So it invariably brought a smile to my face. We managed to squeeze in a couple of lines before off i went for dinner. Everyone was late. Damn! Was supposed to meet at 8pm. It was 10minutes to 9pm when they showed up. Was a good thing i was prepared and brought my novel with me. So i wasn't all that pissed off that some people have no sense of time whatsoever!
Had a really nice dinner, yummy! So mood was better after food. Then someone had to leave coz watching movie. And the best part was, that was the organiser. Ha.. The power of love. The rest of us sat around for a while more before moving to Mr Bean for coffee and to carry on chatting. It was nice. It's been a while since the 3 of us hung out. There was some misunderstanding a while back and i had tried to play mediator for a while. And it's heartwarming seeing long time friends sit down and chill. Nice!
Didn't want to party after that. Was tired. Maybe i really am growing old. Or maybe coz i haven't been sleeping well, just didn't want to party even if it was at my all time favorite place DF. Yawn... I know i'm tired when i place sleep above going to DF.
Anyway, it was a interesting nite. One married mummy of 2, and one soon to be married bride, and the marriage phobic. Guess which one was I? Hee.. Anyway, Dap and I are on the same page when it comes to family and children. Maybe coz we both love kids. Sara on the other hand, probably has a lot more growing up to do. But it's not my job to tell her how to raise her children or what she should or should not do as a mummy. All i can do is share with her what i would or would not do. Hopefully something gets into the stubborn head of hers. I mean, come on, when u signed up for the job of being a mummy, then you would know its a 24/7 job with no off days, no annual leave, no medical leave etc. And it's a lifetime contract. Not a 10am to 8pm job. I guess if i'm working, i would have a baby sitter or a maid take care of the children. But nothing beats taking care of them personally, especially when they are babies. Or even if i can't take care of them personally, coz i need to work, then i will make the effort to knock off work on time and be home to spend time with my kids. Alright, these are all on the assumption that i might one day find my ideal marriage partner and be convinced about marriage, and have children. But here's the thing, i think it's totally irresponsible to leave the kids at home and run out and party and not have bonding time with the children. I've always believed that if children don't feel love when they are young, you will have many more problems to deal with as they grow older. And the greatest bond between mother and child is probably till their about 3. I could be wrong here. But maybe that's just stubborn old me talking. Anyway, no matter how angry or unsure i might be about my partner, i would never jeopardize my relationship with my children. Alright. I guess it's easier said then done. But i know i would do my darn best to be the best mum. I think Dap and i agree to this. And so, the evening wore on with us chatting about marriage, love, children etc. And it got so interesting that i actually lost my novel. Hee
But i guess i can always get another copy. Or be damn cheapskate and go borders and finish reading the book.
Finally, home. Ready to rest except World War 3 is still going on at home. Anyway, too tired to even keep the eyes open so i'll blog more tomorrow. Nitey nitez

No comments: